For protecting storm drains and diverting storm water, we are really excited about the patented Dandy Pop! It’s designed for use with field grates to filter sediment-laden water and pops up in seconds. The newly designed Dandy Pop is hassle free, so no more cumbersome silt fence or similar device that either falls down or has infiltration points. This is exactly what you’ve been looking for. The Dandy Pop fully encloses the grate, eliminating sediment infiltration. The suspended solids are allowed to settle out of the slowed flow and are more easily captured prior to entering the inlet.
Get Maximum Benefits with Dandy
- Superior patented design keeps silt, sediment, and debris out of storm system
- Easily visible to machine operators in field
- Pops open in a second
- Unique dome design provides easy cleaning and maintenance
- Fabricated from easy-to-see safety orange and black monofilament geotextile
- Standard sizes to fit any grate
Installation and Maintenance Guidelines
- Pop open the Dandy Pop near the inlet.
- If using optional oil absorbents, place absorbent pillow on bottom of the unit.
- Remove grate from frame and place into Dandy Pop.
- Pull up slack and seal Velcro to enclose grate.
- Holding the lifting straps, insert the grate inside the Dandy Pop onto the inlet, making sure that the grate seats completely in the frame.
- Remove all accumulated sediment and debris from panels, surface, and vicinity of the unit after each rain event.
- Remove the sediment that has accumulated within containment area of the Dandy Pop as needed.
- If using optional oil absorbents, remove and replace them when they near saturation.
To access our other sediment control and inlet protections solutions, please do so from the menu above or by returning to our sediment control solutions page.